Pages - Menu

January 17, 2019

The Real Secret to Happiness

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I posted here, but I've been in a very negative place lately. I've been concentrating on all the bad things happening in the world and in my life, and becoming more and more depressed.

So today, I write a blog post on another of my blogs which was bemoaning my laziness and lack of success in anything I had ever done. It was an ode to my inadequacies. A verbal pity party that ended with the thought that maybe I should just stop trying at all.

About five minutes after I posted it, I got a notification that I had an email. I saw it was from TED talks and almost ignored it. I wasn't in the mood for positivity today.

My son has been trying to get me to be more positive lately, but I told him that it's not in my nature. I'm a realist and a pragmatist, and I don't want to change. You see, I feel like if you look for the best, you are usually disappointed, and when you look for the worst, you are usually pleasantly surprised since the worst hardly ever happens.

So I begrudgingly clicked on the TED link and watched this video. It was funny and surprisingly, pretty inspirational. I hope you'll watch it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments Are Moderated Before Appearing