Pages - Menu

April 19, 2022

Appreciating the People Who Are There When You Truly Need Them


Good morning, my lovelies! Before I launch my final efforts to get things done for my son's arrival this evening, I wanted to share my thoughts. Lately, I've been counting my blessings a lot, and today, I wanted to say how blessed I feel to have sons who will travel all the way across the country to spend time helping me with whatever I need done. I hope these will be great memories for them when I'm gone, and I try to make the time special, since it's always so short.

I've done nothing to deserve this much love and care. I was never a great mom. Yet, here they are, doing what needs to be done to make my life better and easier in any way they can. I joke that they're probably doing it so I won't come live with them, but I know it's purely out of love.

So this time, I also get to be here for my older son, who just lost his wife. I hope our time together helps him heal in some small way. At least when he's here, I can hug him and comfort him like I haven't been able to do over the phone or online. This visit was planned long ago, and has been postponed twice now, and even after all his troubles lately, he was determined to make it happen.

So look into your life and notice who has been there for you when you really, really needed them. Who was there after your trials, when everyone else had moved on, but you couldn't? Say a special prayer, light a special candle, send some special energy out for those people. They are few and far between.
Have a lovely day! I love and appreciate you all.
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments Are Moderated Before Appearing